Workshop Information and Registration System for Faculty and Staff
Technology-Enabled Learning: Extending Your Classroom Boundaries with a Learning Management System
This course will show you how to enhance your on-campus course by using the asynchronous tools offered through Memorial's learning management system, Desire2Learn. This is a five-week offering, running from Feb. 6 to Mar.13 , and will be delivered through a blend of face-to-face and online learning. Each unit will introduce you to relevant pedagogy, and you will also have the opportunity to explore Desire2Learn's tools from the perspective of the instructor as well as the student.
Please note that you should have 6-10 hours per week to dedicate to this course.
- Introduction to Technology-Enabled Learning
- Designing Your Course Syllabus and Content
- Asynchronous Online Discussions: Course Communications
- Assessment and Feedback
- Tying It All Together
Facilitator(s) : Colleen Collett and Lisa St. Croix, Distance Education, Learning and Teaching Support (DELTS)Course Format:
This course will follow a blended format and will be delivered through Desire2Learn over a five-week period (Feb. 6 – Mar. 13), via both online and face-to-face sessions.
The six face-to-face sessions will take place in Education, E-5021 on:
- Wednesday, February 6, 2013 from 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 13, 2013 from 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 20, 2013 from 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 27, 2013 from 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 6, 2013 from 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 13, 2013 12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
No upcoming sessions are currently available. Please check back.